When you bring home your new puppy, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. Puppies are a lot of work, and they require a lot of training and attention. If you’re not prepared for this, you may find yourself overwhelmed very quickly. In this blog post, we will discuss the top 5 things you need to do when bringing your new puppy home.
- Number one on the list is to puppy proof your home. This means taking a close look at your home and making sure that there are no hazards that could hurt your puppy. Puppies are curious creatures, and they will put their mouths on just about anything. So, it’s important to make sure that all cleaners, chemicals, and medications are out of reach. You should also remove any small objects from the floors that your puppy could choke on.
- The second thing you need to do is create a schedule for your puppy. Puppies need to eat three times a day, and they need to go potty every few hours. It’s important to stick to this schedule as closely as possible so that your puppy can learn when it’s time to eat and when it’s time to go potty.
- The third thing you need to do is start training your puppy right away. Puppies are like little sponges, and they absorb everything around them. So, if you start teaching them good manners and obedience from the outset, they will be much easier to train later on.
- Fourth on the list is socialization. It’s important for puppies to meet other dogs and people so that they can learn how to interact with them properly. Without socialization, puppies can become fearful or aggressive as they grow older.
- Last but not least, you need to be prepared for some accidents. Puppies have accidents – it’s just a fact of life. So, you need to have some patience and understanding when it happens. Just remember that accidents happen, and they’re not the end of the world. With a little patience and love, your puppy will be potty trained in no time.
Puppies are a lot of work, but they’re also a lot of fun. If you keep these five things in mind, you’ll be well on your way to raising a happy and healthy pup. Do you have more specific questions about what to do before bringing home your new puppy? Send us a message through our contact form!